I am interested in information about the career of a former Department employee. Where can I find information on employee records?

The Office of the Historian is not the repository for Department records.

Records of retired employees are held by the National Archives and Records Administration’s National Personnel Records Center. The National Personnel Records Center is located at 1 Archives Drive, Saint Louis, MO 63138. You may contact the National Personnel Records Center by email at stlarr.archives@nara.gov or by phone at 314-801-0850.